Sunday morning kids entertainment.
Today we’ve seen yet another Adobe Flash Player update due to serious problems. So be it.
One thing always sets my teeth on edge when doing/verifying it: The number of clicks it takes me to check the version of the currently running Flash plugin. It would be far too simple if the download page (which is prominently linked everywhere) would just tell me if I need to upgrade. No, I have to click on “Learn more about Flash Player”, then “Product Page”, then “FAQ”, then scroll down to “How can I tell if I have the latest version of Flash Player installed and whether it is working correctly?”, click to reveal the answer, then click “Testing page”.
And then I have to manually compare the version shown above with the latest version listed by operating system and browser beneath.
What the fscking hell is Adobe thinking? They’ve been a top reason for PC infections for the last years (Flash + Acrobat) and still they don’t tell their web-visitors as quickly and efficiently whether they need to update.
Can someone please administer the necessary clues with a suitable LART?
I had no part in building this one: all credits go to Clemens.
I like this one:
This time, I only provided the initial crossing and the switches branching out, the rest was done by Clemens.
Carrying both kids used to be easy. No more. 17 + 21 kg is heavy lifting.
Clemens is a bit sick today, so I’m staying home with him and we built this set of tracks together:
The disks in my old root server are finally both failing, so I’m moving all my stuff to a new machine.
As usual in IT, you get a lot more power for the same money now, and so I’m quite pleased with the performance of the new server. I’ve tried to do a more secure and cleaner setup this time and distribute the service over domUs in a XEN setup. We’ll see how that works out in real life.
One thing is different this time: I can’t take my old, free /29 with me to the new server. Additional IP-addresses cost extra money now, and I’m not prepared to pay extra for them. Instead, I’ve got a block of IPv6 addresses and will run anything that I can’t DNAT/proxy via v6.
I moved email service over two weeks ago, yesterday evening this blog. If something is not working as expected, tell me.